When you get your mindset locked on target, everything else falls in to place. It’s that fundamental.
How this looks will vary from person to person (there is no one-size-fits-all here, everything is tailored to your individual needs), some examples of how it looks for different people include –
- Make a food or drink seem so horrible you never touch it again – imagine if you were able to just never touch chocolate again, and not miss it! Or crisps. Or cola. Or… well, any food or drink, especially if you find you overindulge without thinking about it – adjust your mindset so that you never touch it again, and you don’t even miss it.
- Meal discipline. We know we “should” have 3 meals a day, but so many of us skip one or more each day and wonder why we end up snacking or binging. Some simple mindset tweaks mean that those 3 square meals a day becomes a fundamental habit and a pleasure, rather than a chore.
- It’s OK to stop eating. For many, it is almost impossible to be able to stop eating while there is still food on the plate. What if you could adjust your mindset so that you feel good about stopping eating before you get full, even if it means occasionally leaving food on the plate? Your health will thank you for it, and it’s all part of our mindset work.
- No More Snax. You carefully plan, prepare, and enjoy 3 meals a day. You have a solid exercise regime. And then you undo it all by snacking, often without even realising you are doing it. Sound familiar? I’ve helped a lot of clients to completely eliminate snacking over the years, and you can imagine the benefits to their waistline (not to mention their wallet).
- Mental Discipline to help with the Mental and Nutritional components. With the right mindset, with the right positive mental attitude, you can make massive and consistent strides on both of those areas. What might otherwise seem to be massive challenges become nothing more than minor obstacles to be smashed as you power through to achieving and maintaining your ideal weight and lifestyle.
“It’s all in the mind” they say.
Whether that’s true or not, what is true is that the right mindset makes all the difference between being stuck on the treadmill of continual yoyo dieting, and enjoying being the weight you want to be while living the lifestyle you want to live.