The method varies depending on which email provider or program you use, so here’s some instructions for many popular email services and email clients.
If yours email service/program is not listed these instructions will probably give you enough information to work it out so have a go anyway. Please also let me know so I can add instructions (and send them if you can!).
How To Whitelist My Email
- Apple Mail
- AOL Webmail
- Microsoft Outlook
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Yahoo Mail
- Unlisted clients
Note that if email from me ends up in your junk folder, highlight or open it and click “Not Junk” at the top of your screen.
- Go to “Mail” > “Preferences”
- Go to the Rules tab
- Select Add Rule
- Give this rule a suitable name
- Create a rule that says “If any of the following conditions are met: ‘From’ ‘Contains’” and then paste in “keithblakemorenoble.com”
- From the actions, select ‘Move message’ to mailbox ‘Inbox’.
- Click “OK”
You must add firstname.lastname@example.org to your AOL address book as follows:
- Search for email from us in the Spam folder. If you find an email in the Spam folder, then open it and click the “Not Spam” button.
- Click the Contacts link (or open your AOL Address Book)
- Click the +New button.
- In the New Contact window, email@example.com into the ‘Primary E-Mail 1’ field
- Click “Create”
AOL Email Client
New Subscribers: add the “From address” to your AOL address book:
- Click the Mail menu and select Address Book.
- Wait for the “Address Book” window to pop up, then click the Add button.
- Wait for the “Address Card for New Contact” window to load.
- Once loaded, cut and paste the From email address into the “Other E-Mail” field.
- Make our From address the “Primary E-Mail” address by checking the corresponding checkbox.
- Click the Save button.
Existing Subscribers: If you are already a subscriber but the email isn’t getting through, the email may be in your AOL Spam Folder. Open web mail and look in your Spam Folder. If your find our email in your spam folder open it and click the “This Is Not Spam” button. Then add the “From address” onto your Address Book as outlined in the “New Subscribers” instructions above.
- Scroll up to message from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Get to the field where their name is listed, click the Berry button and then click Show Address.
- Select and copy the email address to the clipboard.
- Go into Address Book and find the user.
- Select Save.
- Click to edit it, and then click the Berry button to add another email address.
- Paste it in and click Save
- Sign into Webmail.
- On the left navigation menu, click Address Book.
- Click Add Contact.
- Under the General tab, in the box under the Email Address, enter email@example.com
- Click the Add button.
- If you have enabled “Restrict Incoming Email,” also do the following:
- Select Preferences.
- Select “Restrict Incoming Email”. If Enable Email Controls is set to Yes, then you are restricting incoming emails.
- Select Allow email from addresses listed below.
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click the Add button.
- Click the Address Book button to open your address book in the browser.
- Click the Add Contact button (if you use EarthLink 5.0 or higher, click the Add button).
- Type in email@example.com into the email address slot and then click OK.
- First, if you find email from keithblakemorenoble.com in your Gmail spam folder, select our email and click the “Not Spam” button
- Next, open an email that you have received from us
- Click on the little down-pointing-triangle-arrow next to “Reply”:
- Click “Add keithblakemorenoble.com to Contacts list”
You must add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “Safe List” as follows:
- First, if you find email from email@example.com in your Hotmail junk folder, open the email and click “Not Junk”
- Next, check to see if keithblakemorenoble.com appears in the “Blocked Senders” list. If so, select it and click on the “Remove” button.
- Next, open your mailbox and click “Options” in the upper right hand corner
- At the top of the page, click on the “Junk E-mail Protection” link
- Next, click on “Safe List”, which is down near the bottom
- Copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org where it says “Type an address or domain”
- Click the “Add” button
- On the Tools menu, click Options
- On the Preferences tab, click Junk E-mail
- On the Safe Senders tab, click Add
- Add email@example.com where it says “Add address”.
- Click OK
You need to add us to your address book, and set the Junk Mail Controls to whitelist your address book.
- First, check your Junk folder. If you find email from firstname.lastname@example.org, right-click on our email and choose “Mark as Not Junk”
- Next, click the “Address Book” button
- Highlight the Personal Address Book (left column)
- Click on “New Contact”
- In the “Contact” tab, set “Email” to email@example.com
- Click “Ok” and close the Address Book
- From the main Thunderbird menu, choose “Tools > Account Settings”
- For each email account, expand the settings and choose “Junk Settings” from the expanded account settings.
- Ensure “Personal Address Book” is checked under “Do not mark mail as junk if the sender is in:”
- Once you have done this for each email account, click OK
- Log into your Postini account
- Look the Junk area
- If you find email firstname.lastname@example.org check the checkbox to select the email
- Click the “Deliver Selected” link at the top of the Junk screen
- On the next screen, click the “Approve Sender” checkbox next to the email
- Click the “Approve Selected Senders” button
- Go to your account and click on the Address Book link in the left column.
- Select Create Contact.
- The Add Address Book Entry screen appears. In the Email field, enter email@example.com
- In the Nickname field, type Keith Blakemore-Noble to remind you who this is
- Select Save.
You must set up a “filter”, but first:
- If you find email from firstname.lastname@example.org in your “Yahoo! bulk” folder, open the email and click “Not Spam”
- If you find mail from email@example.com in your “Blocked Addresses” list, select the email and click “Remove Block”
Now to create the filter:
- Open Yahoo! Mail and click on “Mail Options” in the upper right hand corner.
- Select “Filters” (in the bottom left corner)
- On the Filters page, click “Add”
- Select the “From header:” rule, and add “contains” and keithblakemorenoble.com to match all mail from us.
- Click the “Choose Folder” pull down menu and select ‘Inbox’
- Pick the Add Filter button
If you use a Web mail system or email application adding the “From” address to your “address book”, “safe list”, “whitelist” or “contact list” will usually work.
Also, check your “spam”, “bulk” or “junk” folder. If the email is there look for a way to indicate that it is not spam. For example by selecting the email and clicking a button such as “Not Spam” or “Not Junk”.